Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 8

Today we played some hillbilly golf!! Team Zoug (Zoe and Doug) continue to be undefeated! We need to do something about that!! The three teams are Zoug (Zoe and Doug) Dexis (Deb and Alexis) and team Royph (Joyce and Ralphie)..



So here is how you play Hillbilly Golf:

Objective: To be the team that reaches exactly 21 points first

How to do that: Each team has three turns to get their golfballs, attached with ropes, to wrap around the different levels of the stand. The bottom level is worth one point, the second level is worth two points, and the third level is worth three points. If a team goes over 21 they have to subtract the amount that they just threw from their score.

There are two stands made out of plastic pipes (each has three levels)
You place them about 30 feet or so away facing eachother
Two teams play against eachother
Teammates stand across from eachother at the different stands
Each side takes turns throwing the golf balls
If they get knocked off by any other balls, then your team does not get the points
Points are added up at the end of each round
The team that scored the most in the previous round always goes first in the next round
Each side takes turns throwing the balls throwing one at a time, alternating throws




LOL!! The true Ralphie comes out! Nice shot!



After hillbilly golf we went to Grandma's and Papa's house to play one round of Gin Rummy.. Ralphie finally won :)

6 comments:

  1. Now that looks like fun! Me? Well, I had to go to work.....I'm thinkin' you had a better day than I had (are you feeling sorry for me?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know the answer that you were looking for, but I am not feeling sorry for you... oh well, don't ask a question if you don't want the answer :) Don't you like your job??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out ruder than I meant it.. :) I didn't mean for it to sound like that, sounded better in my head... but so do a lot of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 9. Heard on the news you had an earthquake today. Ankorage even felt it. You must have had the experience as well. Thrill Thrill. Hope you have some comments on the blog.
    Looks like it is cold and rainy there for a while. Here it is 107. I am sure after you are home, it will be great weather. That hillbilly golf sure is something different. Not sure about that. Don't think I will do too well with that. But maybe with practice, I might be good at it. Look forward to more blog... Talk to you later........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well sure I like my job, but it's still a job....can't be relaxing and having fun like PEOPLE ON VACATION! Did you check your email?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah I got the email, and I also replied, did you check your email??

    ReplyDelete